It turns out that your jewelry can benefit from booze, hosiery and office supplies.
1. Diamonds attract dirt and dust. Make your engagement ring sparkle like new, by soaking it in a glass of vodka for one minute. Rinse well in warm water, pat dry with a clean cloth and voilá.
2. Fed up of polishing your silver jewelry? Make life easier by wrapping a piece of chalk in a bit of gauze and popping it in your jewelry box. It will absorb all the air moisture and stop your silver from tarnishing.
3. Sellotape is not just for the office. Stick your bracelet onto your wrist with sellotape to lock the position and suddenly clipping the clasp together becomes easy-peasy.
4. Ever lost an earring or a ring under the bed? Just pop a stocking or a nylon sock over your vacuum cleaner’s pipe, secure it with a rubber band and hoover away. Your jewelry will get trapped by the air, but safely held in the stocking.
5. Knotted necklace chains are a real pain. Shake a little baby powder onto the tangled bit. Work a sewing needle into the loosest bit of chain. Tug very gently. The baby powder makes the chain “slippery” and it disentangles in no time. Wash your chain with warm water and dry.
6. Keep necklace chains from knotting by using a straw. Thread your necklace through a straw and close the clasp. Hey presto – you will have tangle-free jewelry wherever you go.
7. Keep long hair from knotting around your necklace clasp. If you have long hair, you know what this is about. Cut off a small piece of straw and slide it onto your necklace chain. Fasten the clasp, then work the piece of straw back over it. This will keep your hair from tangling in it.
Comments will be approved before showing up.